by Judy Aulin
Bodybuilding stretch marks are created due to muscles forming way too fast, harming the skin over them through overstretching. They are a signal of a continued and efficient workout, but if you’re reading this, surely you want to eliminate them.
Stretch marks are an usual side effect of growing fast. They can appear from packing on pounds of muscle (a happy problem), or just simply packing on pounds of fat.
However, if you’re quickly packing on too much fat then you’ve got worse troubles than just stretch marks, and this is something that won’t be fixed even with the best stretch mark cream.
Most likely we’re talking about the resulting scars under your arms, specially the pec/delt tie-in region where the upper chest and front shoulder muscles unite. This region is most susceptible, due to the quick muscle growth there.
So, what exactly are stretch marks (striae)? They are the reddish lines and scars that appear when the underlying tissue grows so quick that the skin finally tears along the growth site. You’re surely thinking, “Yeah right, that can’t happen to me.” Well, just use Creatine or 4-Andro. You’ll grow so quick with your workouts that you’ll have them all over…!
Stretch marks treatment
So! how do you get rid of stretch marks? Prevention is the best medicine, but the simple fact is this: whether you have perfect skin or not, if you’re a serious hard-training bodybuilder you will develop some stretch marks.
Therefore, the goal of this article is not about avoiding them, but on reducing and curing them. So, how are you going to fix ‘em? Try these tips!
Tips & Tricks – Eat a well-balanced diet and take a multi-vitamin and mineral to ensure healthy skin.
- Avoid heavy bulking during the off-season, because stretch marks are associated with growing too quick. Bulking-up commonly means you’re accumulating pounds of adipose tissue, anyway.
- Every ounce of fat you put on you’ll just have to lose again anyway once you want to compete and look ripped. So, bulking up a little will surely be fine, just don’t abuse it.
- Apply lotion that is rich in vitamin E or a natural balm for stretch marks into the affected areas. This will help speed up the healing process.
- Many bodybuilders report success with several popular suntan products. Coconut oil is also a favorite.
- Hey, you can’t forget about the best method to eliminate them… hide them! A dark tan will make them completely disappear (not to mention make you look better)! Unless the scars are observed at ultra-close range, they will be invisible and you will be tanner.
- One more thing: make sure to use clean training clothes… besides not smelling too nice if you don’t, you will have a better chance of not getting infection through the stretch marks in your skin.
Stretch marks can now be easily eliminated thanks to a biological skin care solution that embodies one the best healing ingredients that Mother Nature can offer.